The Athletic year begins in April each year. Start date for 2019 will be advised soon..
AWD (Athletes with a Disability) program starts on Monday at 5pm – start date in 2019 will be advised soon.
The season runs through to September for most athletes. Specialised squads will continue to train year round.
There are some wet season competitions run from October through to March the following year.
Registration covers NT Athletics fees (including track fees), coaching, insurance, hire of venue (including light and shed hire), equipment, trophies and medals, registration number, and Club Presentation event held at the end of the season.
A large chunk of members fees gets paid to our state peak body (Athletics NT) and much of that is passed on to Athletics Australia and includes corporate insurance cover.
All members of DAC are automatically members of Athletics NT and Athletics Australia. They will also send emails to members, but you can unsubscribe from these at any time.
Registration is valid from 1 April through to 31 March the following year.
Registration link: Registration Link:
Conditions of Registration
Please read the following information carefully prior to registering your child/children.
By registering your child/children/yourself with our Club, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Your child/children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on each competition and training night.
- During the season, parents/carers will be asked to assist in the running of the club by performing the following tasks as needed:
- Canteen duties
- BBQ duties
- Age marshalling
- Field & Track officiating
- Setting up and packing up of equipment
Please speak with one of our committee members should you have any questions in relation to the above.
Athletes are expected to wear the correct uniform and footwear on competition nights. The uniform involves:
- a club singlet and /or crop top
- black shorts
- competitors are expected to have their registration number attached to their singlet or crop top
- spikes may be worn from the age of 11 (or turning 11 during the current year)
Registration fees for 2019 are:
Please note, all registrations include a track fee paid to Athletics NT
NT SPORTS VOUCHERS ACCEPTED
|Registration (per person)||Cost|
|Senior (13 yrs and above including open and masters||$200|
|Junior (6 yrs -13 yrs)||$200|
|Tiny Tots (3 yrs – 5 yrs)||$150|
Age Groups for 2018
Age groups for 2017 are shown in the table below